A sell-out affair, the OZTek2019 Gala Awards Dinner was held in the Lighthouse Gallery, Australian National Maritime Museum, Darling Harbour - a fitting grand finale to OZTek2019.
Great fun, great people and a celebration of all that is good about diving. A few people were awarded on this night - those who are doing exciting things or who have gone above and beyond for the Diving Industry. Congratulations to all.
The OZTek2019 AWARD Recipients were:
Ryan Kaczkowski - TECHNICAL DIVER OF THE YEAR AWARD
Presented by Richard Harris (2017 recipient)
Ryan received the latest Shearwater Research Teric dive computer and a Blancpain Fifty Fathoms, a Dive and Watch History 1953 - 2013
David Strike - INDUSTRY RECOGNITION AWARD
Presented by Jane Bowman (2017 recipient)
David received a copy of Blancpain Fifty Fathoms, a Dive and Watch History 1953 - 2013
Matt Carter - MEDIA EXCELLENCE AWARD
Presented by Michael Menduno (previous recipient)
Matt received a copy of Blancpain Fifty Fathoms, a Dive and Watch History 1953 - 2013
Partners & Sponsors
Often new ideas don’t materialise without support, and an extra special mention goes to those companies who gave additional sponsorship to help OZTek grow and improve. Including some truly incredible prizes. Massive thanks to:
- Blancpain Australia - manufacturer of the world’s first dive watch and a new partner to OZTek. Blancpain shows a real affinity for the ocean and conservation goals we all hold dear. Please look at their excellent work with Blancpain Ocean Commitment
- Shearwater Research - manufacturer of awesome dive (& freediving) computers
- Scubapix - big supporter in all things photographic
- Nikon Australia - again a big support and joy to work with
- RAID International - Our freediving program would not have happened without both Raid and
- Deeper Blue - heartfelt thanks for taking a leap into the void and testing the waters
- Atlantis Resorts & Liveaboards
- Blue Lagoon Dive Shop & Resort
- Dive Adventures
- DAN World
- Lust4Rust - Pete Mesley
- Master Fleet Liveaboards
- Rodney Fox Great White Dive Expeditions
- Sam’s Tours Palau
- SIDE Dive Munda
- Solomon Airlines
- Tabata Australia
- Tourism Solomon
Unique among diving events, with its conference knowledge-based format actively promoting the adventure and excitement of diving, and ever-growing dive, training, photography and travel show, OZTek encourages industry growth by focusing on diver retention and inspiration.
We concentrate on delivering a clearly qualified audience passionate about diving – OZTek continues to evolve as a leading forum for enthusiastic divers keen to take their diving, training, photography and travel to the next level and who seek greater knowledge, and a better understanding of all the world of diving has to offer.
I hope you enjoyed it - all feedback and good ideas welcome.